Fish oil contains both docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). Omega-3 fatty acids are important in keeping the cardiovascular system and brain healthy. Some findings have even shown that it may be able to lower blood pressure.
Why Envura's Omega-3 Fish Oil Stands Out:
1) Premium quality fish oil (high absorbability and potency).
2) Our omega-3s prevent a common fishy aftertaste. Our casing is enteric coated. The fish oil capsule only dissolves in the intestine, eliminating the undesirable aftertaste.
3) They are very easy to swallow. We split up the dosages into two capsules, rather than one larger pill.
4) The omega-3s are shielded in our daily packs. If they are left out in light, they will go bad.
How Much Omega-3 Should I Be Taking
When looking at fish oil quantity, the important metric is the total of EPA & DHA. We recommend you ask your doctor. But typically, health experts recommend the following guidelines:
Proactive Dose: EPA & DHA 500-900mg
A proactive dose is generally recommended to all adults who want to be proactive in health.
Moderate Dose: EPA & DHA 900-1500mg
A moderate dose is often recommended to adults who are starting to show signs of cardiovascular disease and higher levels of inflammation.
High Dose: Beyond 1500mg of EPA & DHA
A high dose is for adults who have cardiovascular disease or chronic inflammation.
Omega-3s & The Cardiovascular System
1) Omega-3s reduce inflammation, by slowing the formation of artery-clogging plaques.
2) Adhesion molecules are another driving factor of artery-clogging plaques. Omega-3s also slow the formation of adhesion molecules inside of the blood vessles.
Omega-3s & The Aging Body
1) Omega-3s protect our DNA from damage caused naturally as the body ages. Fatty acids protect telomeres, which are the protective end caps in our DNA.
2) Free radicals cause oxidative stress which leads to cell and tissue damage. This damage can cause cancer, diabetes, and heart disease. Omega-3s can reduce the damage that free radicals cause.
3) Omega-3 supplements are often found to reduce inflammation. Inflammation can cause may chronic conditions: cancer, diabetes, congestive heart failure, etc.